DMC GLOBAL ENTERPRISES LLC
The premier Tiny and Small Home Builders
There is a movement that seems to be taking the nation by storm. While many people who find tiny houses appealing are interested in living greener, more sustainable lifestyles, the tiny house movement appeals to people from all walks of life with varied interests. To show you just how popular this “small” movement has become, HGTV has a television show, Tiny House Hunters, showcasing the design and building of small houses. FYI Network has the television show Tiny House Nation. This is in addition to countless YouTube networks devoted to small house building and living.
Over the past several decades homes in America have grown bigger even while family sizes are getting smaller. The price tags of these homes have been growing too. Then the housing market bubble burst at about the same time the economy tanked. People were forced to make difficult decisions about their lives and lifestyles. Even among those only minimally impacted by the economic downturn, many of them watched as friends and family struggled some even losing their homes as a result. Finances have played a role, for many, in the decisions to downsize their homes and their lives.
Three Key Benefits from Tiny Living by HGTV
1 - SPENDING LESS MEANS LESS STRESS
A simple truth - spending money can lead to stress, which shows why “less” can lead to more happiness. Few things can zap happiness away like knowing that all the money you earn is going toward what you already own. Financial woes are a serious problem for many people and the cause of personally distressing situations. One of the key benefits to tiny living is less material things are needed, hence less money is needed, which leads to less work and worry, resulting in more time for you and the things you love to spend your time on. Being able to spend less also gives you the potential to save more. Here’s some quick ‘did you know’ numbers for you:
68% of tiny house owners have no mortgage (vs. 29% for traditional housing). 89% of tiny house owners have less credit card debt than the average American (with 65% tiny house folks having no credit card debt at all).
• By making the move to tiny, you too can create the potential of building your home for 1/10th the cost of a traditionally sized house. (For example, the average median house cost in California is $666,320.00 in July 2020. The average tiny house cost in California starts at around $45,000.00+)
Think about this benefit, living in a home that you love that you do not have to pay a mortgage/rent to live in? Can you imagine spending less here and how this could reduce stress and anxiety in your life and set you up for a better future? What would you spend that extra money on? Buying better quality food, spending more time traveling, exploring a hobby, investing in your future? Many who have transitioned over to tiny living have become extremely conscious consumers which translates into significant financial savings each month, contributing to less stress and anxiety.
Benefits continue long after you have purchased and moved into a tiny house. The costs to heat, cool, and maintain a tiny home are minuscule compared to a conventionally sized home (the smaller the home, the less energy it is going to use). Most tiny owners pay just $10 to $35 for all their utilities, how does that compare with what you pay now for all your utilities? Yes, spending less is a big benefit of tiny living!
2 - GETTING YOUR PEACE OF MIND BACK
Do you ever feel like you do not have enough time for everything? That there are other things that you would rather be doing? Or that your brain feels overwhelmed with everything, even keeping you awake at night? Let us look at a few ways that living tiny can help you create more time and peace in your life which would be a big benefit, right?
How many hours of your workweek are going towards your housing costs? If you are like the average person living anywhere near the coast working 40 hours per week, nearly 2 eight-hour days are going straight into rent/mortgage costs according to a survey by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Do you feel like those two full days a week, 8 full days a month, could be better spent? If yes, then making the move to tiny may be a great benefit to you.
How many hours does it currently take you to clean your home? It can take up 8+ hours per week in larger houses. In a tiny, it takes maybe 30 minutes. In a tiny house there just is not that much floor space to clean. Additionally, it simply is not possible to leave clutter around. Clothes get put away, dishes are cleaned after each use, office “clutter” is not left lying on the desk. These “micro tidying” sessions take place throughout the day and mean that when it comes time to really clean the house, it just does not take as much time or effort. There is also less maintenance and upkeep. While living tiny does require a type of mindfulness and attention to one’s surroundings, it results in a huge benefit to your having more time, tranquility, peace of mind, and calmness.
3 - SAYING BYE-BYE TO THE RAT RACE
With a competitive spirit being such a dominating force in human society today, it can be difficult to break away from that accepted ‘normal’ life, or the grind. In the grind, stuff we have requires a lot of attention from us, from the cars, large house maintenance, community peer pressure, all that money to ‘keep up with the Joneses’, etc. One of the biggest benefits of tiny living is to let most of that go, let them have it. Through a new lens, step off that treadmill and observe how hard others are pushing and grinding just to get by, it is exhausting! When you are less obligated to stuff you have more time to experience and enjoy life (pause and re-read that last sentence). Ahh, can’t you just feel the stress start to melt away?
The benefit of tiny living and breaking free from the ‘rat race’ include keeping only what you need and get rid of the rest, not just with your clothes and shoes, but everything you own, all the way down to how many to sticky notes you own. You will probably find that 80-90% of the stuff we feel society convinces us we need, the more you get rid of, the freer you will feel. Now, this can be a challenge if you have lots of things, so here’s a question to ask as a criterion for keeping or pitching something: “Is this a necessity for my peace and happiness? Will this add to my quality of life”? Then make your decision. As you go through this metamorphosis and retrain yourself that less is more, you will literally feel a weight lifted off you both physically and emotionally, it is an amazing benefit to tiny living.
Our Mission & Vision Statement
To provide alternatives to traditional large houses while maintaining below-industry average building prices.
To become the “go-to” tiny and small home builder by offering the homes general contractors avoid! Thus opening up home owning opportunities to those who may otherwise be denied.
Our Core Values
Honesty, Integrity, Family and Country
Why choose a DMC GLOBAL ENTERPRIZES to build your Tiny or Small home?
2. Latest energy saving technology employed in all of our construction. This, along with a decrease in size , reduce's heating and cooling costs.
3. With one of our Tiny or Small homes taxes, insurance and maintenance costs are all reduced! Additionally, with a brand new DMC GLOBAL ENTERPRIZES home, you will spend less time (if any) on maintenance. Think of all the time this will give you to do other things, the funner things!
4. So many people today have near and dear relatives that are no longer teenagers. Many would like to have those relatives living closer. A new DMC GLOBAL ENTERPRIZES Tiny or Small in-law apartment in the back yard might fit the bill perfectly.
5. Do you love to entertain? Maybe you have a large family but it is hard to get room for everone to spend the night at once. Wouldn't an overnight guest house in the back yard be perfect?
6. Not an entertainer or into big families but you like to make money? A back yard two of three bedroom rental unit can help with that.
7. Think (with your help) of the independence your children will gain with a fully functional club house.
8. Looking for a quiet place for a weekly card game? Need a place to grow plants year round? A quiet place to follow your hobbies or passions? A man cave or a she shed from DMC GLOBAL ENTERPRIZES is just what the doctor ordered.
9. DMC GLOBAL ENTERPRIZES will make you our number one focus while working on your vision. We are a full service builder. We can build your new home and cover all construction needs associated with that, from the first shovel full till the last flower is planted.
Smaller homes are MORE affordable to heat and cool, less expensive to purchase, easier to maintain, and can be built even in a backyard?